Friday, April 22, 2011

Your Words

The words you said to me yesterday,
Do linger on my mind and in my heart today.
Those ugly hurtful words you did choose,
To the very core of my soul did bruise.
The memory forever in my mind is etched
Of how your cruel words reached
Into the depths of my heart and soul
And with spite they took their toll.
With no reason behind their force
And no inkling of any remorse
Forever changing our relationship
The words came like a battleship.
Perhaps someday I will come to mind
And you will in a moment find
The words in anger once you did use
Have caused a great deal for you to lose.

Carol Darlene Owens (c) 2011

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this poem recently after seeing someone very close to me hurt. It is difficult to watch as someone is being hurt by the words of others and you are powerless to help.

    ReplyDelete